Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Refuge, Strength, and Help

Ps. 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
 
What a glorious God who is our help, refuge, and strength! If I truly believe this, then I will not fear. That means fear anything: natural disasters, financial reversals, illness, disease, famine, starvation, war, loss of freedom. There are so many things in this life that produce fear especially for the one who does not know or love God. But for the believer,  for those who love God all things work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. All things in this life are to grow me into conformity to Jesus. They are for my spiritual good not necessarily for my comfort.
 
Certainly, some of those things in life are very painful and bring so much sorrow. But God is there in the midst of whatever life throws at me! He is the one who has ultimate control. Even though man has produced amazing technology, he still cannot control this technology. Instead we have hackers and cyber crime. But who is in ultimate control? God!  Nature reveals His power. He has the final word. 
 
So what do I do in the midst of all this, I must Be still and know that He is God. He will be exalted among the nations. He will be exalted in the earth! Knowing, loving, and serving Him must control all that I do and think.
 
Father,
Teach me to go to You immediately when upsetting things come my way. Full me with Your strength so that I won't stubble but remain faithfully Yours.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment