Friday, February 14, 2014

Truth and Light

Ps. 43:3-4
 
Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.
 
David is going through a hard time. He wants God to vindicate and defend his cause against ungodly people. Even though that sounds negative, he still knows that he must take refuge in God. But at this moment in time, he feels rejected by God, that God is not hearing or answering his prayers. For me as well, there are times in my life when I wonder what is God doing, when I feel like my prayers are ineffective, or when my faith falters. Certainly I don't have people trying to kill me as did David, but I have huge disappointments, pain, and disease. It is at times like these when situations and circumstances are overwhelming that I cry out to God asking Him to send out His light and truth. It is in His wisdom and light that I can find direction. What a loving God who brings me to His holy hill to His dwelling place! I know that God is my exceeding joy! It is amazing to have joy in pain, in disease, and in disappointment! My mouth must speak the praise of the Lord even in the hard times no matter what they are. There is not a situation so difficult that I should not praise God. It is His grace and strength within me that gives me a heart of praise.
 
Even now I think of Saeed. There are men physically, medically, and mentally damaging his life. His very existence is damaged. Can he praise God even in these circumstances? God must give extra grace for times like these. In my mind it seem so difficult to praise God for such a long time of suffering, pain, and deprivation. But I know God is a God who cares and His children are precious to Him. So I pray for Him that God's grace and strength will be his comfort.
 
Father,
My heart is heavy for Saeed. Comfort his wife and children. Give him strength. If it is your will, brings about circumstances to release him and reunite him with this family. I ask that You would send you truth and light to me today. Help me to see all life through Your perspective. Transform my life so that I may be a living sacrifice to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment