Friday, March 16, 2012

The Beloved Son

Mt. 17:2-5
And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.  And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking. And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah."  He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

This simple account teaches so much about the person of Jesus Christ. Granted, He was in human form, but He was also the Father's only Son. No one is equal to Jesus. Moses and Elijah, though great prophets, were still not the Son of God. God the Father wants to make that perfectly clear. What a rough lesson for Peter! I can only imagine how he felt when he was reprimanded by the mighty voice of God. Still what an experience to see and behold. What is my attitude toward the beloved Son? Do I give Him all the praise the honor that is due Him? Am I doing what the Father said? Listening with my whole heart.

Father,
Draw me ever closer to Jesus so that my love for Him will ever grow. Help me share the beloved Son with all those you bring into my way and teach me to listen toYour holy Spirit.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment