Friday, April 22, 2011

More than Fine Gold

Ps. 19:10
"More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward."

What riches are found within the Word of God! For David, and all mankind who receive these riches, the Word revives the soul, makes wise the simple, enlightens the eyes, rejoices the heart, endures forever, and is righteous altogether. It is the way to life eternal and life abundant! For all of these reasons, the Word is perfect, sure, right, pure, clean, and true. Not only do they give man an entire new life, but they warn him about his life. In fact, David's awareness was so heightened by this knowledge of the Word that he asked God to show him his hidden faults and protect him from his sins of presumption. His desire was that sin would not dominate him but that the Word of God would be in total control of his life. He ended the psalm with a heartfelt prayer, " Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight. O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."  What is my response to the Word? Do I value it as something greater than any earthly riches? Do I use it as a mirror for my soul? Is is my source of wisdom and rejoicing?

Father,
Thank You for Your saving and sanctifying Words. Even though I love them so much, I still act carelessly toward them at times. Teach me to love them more. Convict me of hidden and presumptuous sins. Make my words and meditations pleasing to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment