Thursday, April 28, 2011

Praises

Ps. 92:1-4
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to Your name, O most High; to declare Your steadfast love in the morning, and Your faithfulness at night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy."

The psalmist's heart opens up in praise in Psalms 92 and 93. Beyond the fact that it is good to praise the Lord, praises need to flow morning and night and include instruments and voice because praising God brings unbelievable joy. It takes my mind off self and puts in on the character and attributes of God. The psalmist has personally related to God in all these areas:
  • His steadfast love
  • His faithfulness
  • His great works
  • His deep thoughts
  • His eternal presence
  • His exalting of  the psalmist and pouring of fresh oil over him.
  • His uprightness
  • He is a Rock.
  • He is completely righteous.
  • He reigns.
  • He is majestic.
  • He is mighty.
  • His decrees are trustworthy.
  • He is holy.
What do I praise God for each day? How much time do I take to praise God? Do I look behind the daily circumstances of my life to see His sovereign hand? Am I familiar and intimate with God? What is my focus in praise?

Father,
Give me a heart of praise. Take my focus off myself and reveal to me Your great heart so that I might know You more. Teach me Your way of thankfulness.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment