Sunday, August 24, 2014

God Cannot Lie

Heb. 6:19
...so that be two unchangeable things it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 

First God established the fact that He could not lie with an oath to Himself. Most people swear to someone or something greater than they are to establish the truth of what they say. But God couldn't do this since nothing is greater than He is. Secondly He referred to the unchangeable character of His purpose. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. For these reasons we can flee to Him for refuge and be encouraged. We have the hope set before us, Jesus Christ is coming for us again. What I need to do is to hold fast to the hope set before me. This is my focus. 

Father,
I am so thankful that You do not lie. I can trust You to do what You say. You have saved and given me a hope for my life. Help me to hold fast.
In Jesus name, 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment