Friday, August 15, 2014

Tempted

Heb. 2:17-18
Therefore He had to be made like His brothers in every respect, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because He Himself has suffered when tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.

Jesus was made perfect through suffering. He shared in flesh and blood that through death He might destroy the one who has the power of flesh and death, that is the devil. Not only that, but His suffering paved the way for the deliverance of those who were enslaved by death and sin including me specifically. He was like me in every respect so He could understand my nature, my foolishness, my helplessness, my passions, my forgetfulness, my weakness, my temper, my irritability, my frustrations, whatever I am He understands.  He was tempted as I am tempted. He suffered as I suffer. He did this to help me and all of us who believe. He conquered sin and death so that I could be released from my bondage. In Christ, I live eternally. I can have victory over sin. I can have forgiveness when I fall. I can grow into Jesus. I can have a relationship with the Father. I can forgive others. I can turn to Jesus for grace and mercy whenever I need it.


Father,
Thank You for my Savior, Jesus. What a savior He is! He conquered so I could live in newness of life. He forgives so I can in turn forgive others. He takes me out of the mess of my flesh to live in the Spirit. I know that I fall so many times, but I ask that each time You make sure that I am falling upwards. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment