Thursday, August 28, 2014

Maker of Them All

Prov. 22: 2
The rich and the poor meet together; the Lord is the maker of them all.

This verse is the story of all mankind. In every culture there are rich and poor, and most often there is a class system in play. There will always be those who lord it over the others,  those who seem to have nowhere to go to undo the injustices piled on them. But God says simply that it makes no difference whether you are rich or poor. All will stand before the Lord, the Creator of all life. The obvious differences have no effect on eternity. God deals not with outward appearance but with the heart. I need to remember this! I know that I am often intimidated by those who have more money, possessions, or position. I don't need to shrink out of sight, but I need to be forthcoming about Jesus. He should be foremost in my thoughts and my words.

Father,
Give me boldness to speak the gospel. Reveal to me when I am intimidated by those who have more than I do. Make my mouth eager to share you with others.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment