Monday, August 4, 2014

Walking

Prov. 10:9
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely...

Walking is an important concept in the Bible. We must walk in light and in love, not walking as the Gentiles in the futility of our minds or in their lack of wisdom. We must walk in the Spirit as well as be controlled by Him, and as Proverbs says we must walk in integrity. All this walking could make me think of me trying to walk right, of trying to implement all this in my own power, but that is where the error comes in. Certainly I walk but in the power and strength of God, in His grace, and through His indwelling Spirit. I walk with God knowing full well my poverty, that I am nothing a part from God. 

Integrity usually means being a man of your word, living by a higher ethical standard, and doing what is right even if it is the hard choice. There are unsaved people who possess integrity, and sadly there are believers who do not. Jesus has called me to follow in His footsteps. When I am walking as He walked,  then I am walking in integrity. It is not something that I drum up, but it is something that comes from my core, a core that has been transformed by Jesus Christ. Integrity means Jesus in me! Integrity means Jesus calling the shots and me obeying! Integrity means living by His Spirit every moment of the day.

Father,
I do want to live in my poverty and in Your power alone. Teach me how to do that every day. Speak to me when I am not. Let me know completely how to be controlled by Your Spirit.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment