Thursday, August 14, 2014

Grace

Heb. 2:9
But we see Him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering to death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. 

This verse really drove home to me the extent of grace. I guess I have always thought of Jesus' death from my point of view. He was the way for me to experience the love and grace of God. But on the flip side, it was the same grace that sent Jesus to the cross to die. Grace for death and grace for life! When Jesus was resurrected, it allowed me to be resurrected to newness of life. Such a lesson! All of life, the good and the bad, is of grace. Grace during the hard times to chip away my flesh and grow me into the image of Jesus. Grace during the good times to see the beneficent hand of God in all things. Amazing Grace! Where would I be without it? The answer is simple. I would be lost, undone, hopeless and condemned to spend eternity without Jesus.

Father,
Thank You for Your grace! How strong and perfect it is. Certainly Your grace is my sufficiency. Your power is perfected in my weakness. Thank You for Jesus. In my heart I want Him to be my all, but I have so far yet to grow to reach that reality. Grow me!
In His glorious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment