Saturday, August 23, 2014

The MInd

Prov. 19:21
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. 

Such a simple statement, but how insightful! Man is captivated by what his mind can conceive. No doubt because it supports and grows his pride. Sadly I and many other Christians are still caught up in this same scenario. We live as if the plans that we make are better than God's purposes. Of course we would never say that or even allow ourselves to think that, but our actions demonstrate that it's true. Oh how strong is the flesh! Seeking its own way even through our subconscious thoughts. What a battle we have before us! 2 Cor. 10:5 says, We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Jesus Christ.  This does not seem like a passive battle! Taking our thoughts captive is a full time job that must be done in the power of the Spirit. If I tackle this myself without bringing God into the equation, I am assured of failure. I know this in my head, but still my mind is wayward. How to make what I know to be become a reality in my life is my constant struggle. Why? Do I not desire it enough to make the hard choice? Am I drinking too much from what the world offers? Rom. 12:2 says, Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. The renewal of the mind is so very important in understanding the will of God, in making the right choices, and in giving over all of my 'self' to God. 

Father,
My heart wants to live as you would have me, but still I am often controlled by my flesh. I confess and ask that You grant me repentance. Help me though Your great grace to live in the reality of a transformed mind..
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment