Thursday, August 21, 2014

Grace

Heb. 4:16
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 

Why can we go into the presence of the God of the universe, the God who controls all the details of life, and the God who has taken down nations and armies? The short answer is because of Jesus Christ, but that answer eludes the complexity of Christ's act. Believers have a high priest who has been tempted in every way like we have but with one exception. He came through it sinless! His sinless response to temptation guarantees us entrance to the Father because He fully paid the debt of sin. When we come to the throne of grace, Christ's acceptable sacrifice, His purity and  righteousness cover us. What a miracle! Not only to  be chosen by God but to have confident access because of Jesus Christ! To have the righteousness of Jesus be my righteousness is hard to understand especially when I don't live righteously most of the time. That is the crux of the matter! It doesn't depend on what I have done, it depends on His grace! The favor of God is extended to me because of the blood of Jesus. It is this grace that allows me to come freely and confidently to the throne of grace where I will find mercy and grace for all my needs. Truly, it is grace upon grace and more grace.

A second blessing radiating from Christ's sinless act is His understanding. When He looks at our flawed humanity, our duplicitous nature, and our overall lack of righteousness, He understands. Could He really? The Bible says He does. Why else would He have died and endured separation from the Father? He understands because He was tempted as we are only He didn't cave as we do many times. Jesus understands so that when we come to Him, He is not harsh with us. He is not critical of our many failures, instead He holds out loving arms that sympathize and forgive. What a gracious Savior!  Grace upon grace! What amazes me is the uncalculable amount of grace that is shown to us and how stingy we are to share grace with those around us!  Instead of the shame that we should feel, we often live like this without blinking an eye. How powerful is the flesh that we all live in! Such a need for grace upon grace!

Father
Thank You for Jesus, for His sinless life and His understanding heart. Thank You for allowing Him to come so that I might be saved. Help me to live in full view of Your great grace. Help it to be my full sufficiency, grace for me and grace for me to share with others. Thank You for the confident access that I have to the throne of grace. I am truly blessed!
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment