Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Son

Heb. 1:1
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His son, whom He appointed the heir of all things, through whom also He created the world.

Jesus is the name that has power and glory, and the author of Hebrews clearly identifies Him as the Son of God. 
  • Just like God spoke through the prophets in ages past now God speaks through Jesus. He is the very voice of God.
  • He is the heir of all things, and gloriously we who name the name of Jesus are heirs with Him,
  • He is the agent of creation.
  • He is the radiance of the glory of God.
  • He is the exact imprint of His nature.
  • He upholds the universe by the word of His power.
  • He made purification for sins.
  • He sits at the right hand of God.
  • He is superior to the angels, and even His name is more excellent.
  •  He is the begotten Son, and God is His father.
  • The angels worship Him.
  • His throne is eternal. 
  • Uprightness is His scepter.
  • He loves righteousness.
  • Even though the world will one day perish, He is the same every day and His years are eternal.
How powerful is He! It is amazing to me that He would die and pay the penalty for my sin. And then beyond salvation, He indwells me sending His Spirit to make my body His temple. He is a God who is most personal and He has paved the way for me to be personal with the Father calling Him Abba, Father. 

Father,
As I understand more clearly the nature of Your Son, I see what a sacrifice it was. It was no easy gift. My heart is full of gratitude. Somehow saying thank You is not enough. I know that I must live a life of surrender and obedience for You desire a broken and contrite heart. Teach me more each day how to do this.
In the name of my Savior,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment