Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Living and Active

Heb. 4:12-13
 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.  And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

It is amazing that God gave us His very words, words of power and strength. It is because of the nature of the word that believers can be transformed. As the word grips our hearts, it can reveal the true intentions of the heart, exposing humanity's bent for evil and our need for a Savior. For the believer this task of exposing goes on until we are called home to heaven. Humanity's natural bent towards evil flares out when we least expect it, but it is the word that keeps us on the right track, following in the steps of Jesus. Strangely enough, I think many Christians must think that their innermost thoughts are not perceived by God, or should I say that this is the way we live, but the truth is our God is the all-seeing One. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. So why do we have so much concern that other humans will find out our secrets as opposed to a God who has the power over life and death? Such a foolish path we travel! We must live in the reality that we are naked and exposed before God. No amount of cleaning ourselves up on the outside will save the day. It might work for other people, but certainly not with God.  I know the truth of these verses, but how do I live in their reality? 

Father,
I bring my heart before You asking for a powerful cleaning. Teach me how to walk as Jesus did. Help me to see my heart and my sin. Grant me repentance. Grow me in Your righteousness. Draw my true position ever closer to my life covered in the blood of Jesus.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment