Wednesday, July 6, 2011

But not with a whole heart...

II Chron. 25:2
"And he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, yet not with a whole heart."

I am seeing a pattern here. Either man is totally evil or half-heartedly the Lord's, but there are very few who are whole heartedly the Lord's. Is this the heart of man? Does he refuse to commit to God? Is he a fence rider, one foot in idolatry and one foot in the camp of the Lord? I know that Jer. 17:9 says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds." In spite of this deceitful heart God has commanded "You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart and with all your soul and with all your might." He wants whole-hearted worship. What is my heart? I am clinging to idols?

Father,
Clean my heart. Show me what needs to be thrown out. Grant me repentance and a life that is pleasing to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment