Monday, July 18, 2011

Deliverance and Peace

Is. 26:3
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trust in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

In that day a song of peace will be sung. Judgment will be over, and their paths will be leveled. Finally, His name and remembrance will be the desire of their souls. They will be yearning for God in the night, earnestly seeking Him. Quite a difference from the pictures of judgment! However, this peace goes far beyond Judah. It extends to anyone whose mind is focused on God. When my mind is stayed on Him, when He is my focus, then I will have His perfect peace. Why? Because I am trusting in God, in the God who has established the world and all that happens within it. He is the only One worthy of trust because He has swallowed up death forever and will wipe away all tears from their faces... Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, that He might save us. This is the Lord...let us be glad and rejoice in His salvation.  He is also my rock, the rock that is the basis of my life, my foundation. He is the rock that has laid low the pompous pride of the unrighteous and the high fortifications of the enemy whether that enemy is from without or one of my own making. My soul yearns for Him and my spirit earnestly seeks Him.  

Father,
Keep me focused on You so that I will be consumed by Your peace with my mind steadfastly focused on You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment