Sunday, July 10, 2011

Woe Is Me!

Is. 6:5
"And I said, "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips, for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts!"

Isaiah saw the Lord sitting on His throne as the seraphim called to one another, praising God. "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory." When the foundations shook at the sound of His voice, the house was filled with smoke. What an image for Isaiah! He saw the holiness of God, and his response was "Woe is me." He knew that in comparison to God's holiness, he was unclean. He was undone! There was no hope, yet one of the seraphim flew to him, and with a burning coal touched Isaiah's mouth. Then comes the great declaration of grace. "Behold this has touched your lips, your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." One touch from God and all is taken away. Through the blood of Jesus my guilt is taken away, and my sin is atoned. I am covered in His blood and made me a new person. Much like Isaiah, when God needs to send someone, I can say that I am ready to go because I go only in His grace and covered in His blood.

Father,
Thank You for touching my mouth, my heart, and my entire life with your burning coal. Thank You for covering me with the blood of Jesus and giving me Your strength to answer when You call.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment