Monday, July 11, 2011

Prepare to Meet Your God

Amos. 4:12-13
"Therefore thus I will do to you, O Israel; because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel. For behold, He who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth- the Lord, the God of hosts, is His name!"

Man will meet God either in judgment or in salvation. In Israel's case God said that if they would seek Him, they would live. If not, He would break out like an unquenchable fire. God spoke clearly, "Seek good, and not evil, that you may live...Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate."  If they would do this, it may be that the Lord would be gracious to them. But sadly, the problem was idolatry, an idolatry that had tentacles deep within their hearts and controlled their minds and bodies. "Woe to those who are at ease in Zion..."

Father,
Open my eyes to any idols that seek control of my heart and life. Help me to seek You completely and to be united to You in all my thoughts.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment