Friday, July 29, 2011

Is. 53

Is. 53:12
"I will divide Him a portion with the many, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors."

Jesus willingly poured out His soul to death for me. He bore my sin and the sin of the world, and now He makes intercession for me. Amazing redemption! When I think that God determined to wound His own Son so that He might redeem me, I am overcome. Not only was He wounded, but He was crushed until the last breath of life was gone from Him. What a human existence He had to endure! 
  • He grew up like a young plant like a root out of dry ground. I think this might be the best part of His whole life.
  • He had no form, majesty, or beauty to make Him desirable. He gave up His divine majesty for me.
  • He was despised and rejected, sorrowful, and full of grief. I can't imagine how He felt knowing all this before He came to earth. No wonder He had to focus on the joy that was set before Him!
  • He carried my griefs and sorrow and was afflicted by God, by His own Father. I think being smitten by His own Father must have been the worst thing since He and the Father were one. Part of His own essence was gone. He was surrounded by my evil blackness.
  • His wounds and chastisement brought my peace and my healing. What a gift for me!
  • Because I was a straying sheep, my sins were laid on Him.
  • He never answered back when unjust oppression flooded His life. He was the Lamb to the slaughter. He was my sacrifice.
  • His death was through oppression and judgment. His grace with the wicked and the rich. All of which was undeserved!
  • Through all this there was no violence or deceit in His mouth. What an example of the Sermon on the Mount and of the way believers are to live. How needy I am for His grace to live for Him!
  • It was God's will to crush Him and to make His soul the offering for guilt. My life must identify with this suffering. God's will for me must not be different than His will for His son.
  • His anguish brought many to righteousness and forgiveness. I am one of them!
  • His satisfaction came in knowing His sacrifice was sufficient. He will have a portion with the strong, He will have the joy that was set before Him. He will be the firstborn of many brethren. Amazingly, I am one of them!
God's plan for my salvation and the salvation of all men is something man would have never planned and can barely understand; in fact, if not for the grace of God would never understand. I thank God for His great grace and the gift of salvation, for His great sacrifice of His Son, and for His choosing me to receive and believe this glorious One.

Father,
Help me to keep Your gospel in my mind and heart. Help me to value this sacrifice and not take it for granted. Thank You, Jesus,  for a gift like no other.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment