Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thirst Satisfied

Is. 55:1-2
"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without  money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy."

Such grace! I can come thirsting and be satisfied. I can buy wine, milk, and bread without price. God offers it to me freely, but sadly, many times I choose to work for what I think will satisfy only to find out that it doesn't satisfy in the least. The only thing that satisfies is what God offers freely. What He desires is for me to come hungry and thirsting, with nothing of mine own, dependent and seeking. 

The question that God asks has such pathos. Why does man spend money for something that is not spiritually nutritious? Why does man labor for that which only creates more emptiness? How deceptive sin is! It totally masks this free and great gift of God deceiving man into thinking what he does is somehow better. But God's words are true. "Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant..."

Father,
Keep me only eating from the riches of Your table. Thank you for such grace that you would give me life and satisfaction and require to bring nothing in return.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment