Monday, July 25, 2011

Security in My Days

Is.39: 8
"'Then said Hezekiah to Isaiah, "The word of the Lord that you have spoken is good." For he thought, "There will be peace and security in my days."'

God had done great things through Hezekiah, and Hezekiah had honored God. But in his later years after God had given him 15 more years of health, he seemed to have lost his edge. Men, envoys, from Babylon came to see Hezekiah on the pretext of his illness. Hezekiah showed them all his treasure houses; in fact, all that he had. Later, Isaiah came to him, questioned him about the men, and pronounced the word of the Lord. All that was in Hezekiah's house would be taken away to Babylon even Hezekiah's own sons. Sadly,  they would be made eunuchs. After hearing this, he should have been chagrined. These were his own sons and his only way to preserve the throne, but what was his attitude? He said it was good as long as he had peace in his day! What kind of a poor father and leader is this? What a lesson about selfishness!

Father,
Keep my heart tender toward You so that my decisions are Yours. Crucify my selfishness and keep me thinking of You and others. Help me lean on You.
In Jesus  name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment