Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good News

Is. 61:1
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed Me to bring good news to the poor, He has sent Me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound."

After Jesus' mission in Is. 53, this sounds so positive. Here He came to bring me good news, to bind my broken heart, to give me liberty from the power of sin. He comforts my mourning. He has transformed my ashes for oil of gladness giving me praise instead of a faint spirit. I am to be called an Oak of Righteousness, the planting of the Lord! Praise God! What good news! Why is all this happening? So that God may be glorified? How it is all happening? Through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His great gift of grace. What a beautiful passage!

Father,
Help me to live daily in the power of this new life. Thank You for these great gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment