Friday, July 22, 2011

The Teacher

Is. 30:20-21
"And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it."

What a picture of the Spirit in my life today! God sends me the bread of adversity and the water of affliction for my good so that I might grow and flourish, so that I might identify with Christ in His suffering. In faithfulness He afflicts me, but all the while through the entire experience, He is there visible and close whispering in my ear, guiding and leading. What a promise to claim! Just like bread and water are necessary for life, for daily existence, in the spiritual realm, affliction and adversity are necessary for daily existence. Not only that but these temporary, slight afflictions prepare me for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. They change my focus from the temporal to the eternal so that I might listen and obey and walk in His way.

Thank You for adversity and affliction. I know that in Your faithfulness You send it to grow me. As I journey through these times, keep my ears open and attune to Your leading. I want to walk in Your way.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment