Saturday, July 9, 2011

What account is he?

Is. 2:22
"Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?"

It is amazing how much people value the opinions of other people! It affects decisions about our hair, our clothes, our hobbies, our homes, our possessions, our vocations, our vacations, and even our children or spouses, to name a few. We want others to think well of us. But what does God say? Stop regarding man! What difference does it make what he thinks? He is nothing but hot air! I should be concerned with what God thinks. He is the one who truly counts! Not only was He the Creator of all life, but He has ordered all my days, not only mine, but all the days of all people. So what's up with my preoccupation with man's opinion? It's not like man decides anything anyway. All things are the servants of God!!

Father,
Keep my eyes on You not on man. Give me the strength to be Yours in every decision that I make without a concern for peer pressure.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment