Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chosen by Grace

Rom. 11:5
So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

My choosing to be a child of God is of grace and is not dependent on what I have done or what I am. Since it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works. Historically, Israel rejected Jesus and their rejection meant my reconciliation to God. I am the wild olive shoot that was grafted in among the others, and now I share in the nourishing root of the olive tree. Even though Israel rejected and experienced God's severity, I must remember that God is kind to me provided I continue in His kindness. God has the power to graft in again Israel and to cut off from the olive tree that which is wild. God's sovereign power rules over all so no one has cause for pride. Salvation is all of grace!

Father,
Thank You for choosing me by Your amazing grace. Teach me to live in Your kindness and mercy everyday.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment