Tuesday, June 26, 2012

II Sam. 22:2-4
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior, you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, amd I am saved from my enemies.

What a glorious song David offered to the Lord! His deliverance was so monumental in his life that he wanted to praise God. All his years of running and being pursued had ended, and he knew that his sovereign God had brought it all to pass. The Lord had been his rock, fortress, and deliverer. Just as He is mine. It was in the Lord that David took refuge from the enemy as his stronghold, refuge, and savior. It is amazing how many different words David uses to desribe God protection in his life. And the really exciting thing is that God is the same today as He was then. He is all these things for me today as He was for David then.. God alone is the one worthy to be praised! He is the One who ordains all the circumstances and details of my life, and for that He is worthy of my praise!

Father,
Teach my inner man a spirit of praise. Help me not to take life and all its circumstances for granted but to realize that they are all ordained by You.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment