Monday, June 11, 2012

Immediately

Mk. 1:17-18
And Jesus said to them, Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men. And immediately they left their nets and followed Him.

I love two things about these verses. First Jesus made them to become fishers of men. It was not their human effort or evangelistic plans. It was all of God's sovereign plan that was executed through His grace. He makes me what I am to become as well! He works in my life to will and to do His good pleasure. And secondly, Simon and Andrew obeyed immediately. This is my part, to be willing and to unquestioningly obey. So cool how God works in my life! What is my heart like? When the Spirit leads me in an area that takes me out of my comfort zone, do I immediately obey? Do I question God's plan for me? Do I wonder why He leads me in such a way? Or do I relish His leading and follow His lead instantly? I imagine Simon and Andrew were not quite sure what it meant to be fishers of men. They were uneducated men who led a solitary life on the water, and now God wanted them to leave this life, to leave all that they had ever known, and begin to fish men. What a deal! But their response was immediate obedience. I want my responses to God to be immediate obedience as well.

Father,
Give me Your grace and power to obey and respond immediately. Help me to embrace wholeheartedly Your plan for my life, even the pain and the suffering.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment