Saturday, June 9, 2012

Proclaim

Ps 71:17-18
O God, from my youth You have taught me, and I still proclaim Your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim Your might to another generations, Your power to all those to come.

What a glorious prayer and one that I should pray every day! He has performed great and mighty things in my life, things that I should never forget. It is not enough that I just realize His great power personally, but He has called me to share His deeds with others. Amazingly, I am to share Him with the generation that is to come. In our culture, the old and the young are often separated; in fact, the young think that the old know little of worth. But in God's economy, the old are to share their walk with Jesus with the young. They are to teach them of the might and power of God that they have seen and experienced all throughout their years. It is a testimony to them that God still works in them even when they are old.

I should also pray, Be my rock of refuge, to which I may continually come...For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth...Do not cast me off in the time of old age, for sake me not when my strength is spent. (v. 1, 5, 9). What is my response to all this great care, love, and mercy?
My praise is continually of You...my mouth is filled with Your praise, and with Your glory all the day. But I will hope continually and will praise You yet more and more...My mouth will tell of Your righteous acts, of Your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge...I will also praise you with the harp for Your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to You with the lyre, O Holy One...My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to You; my soul also which you have redeemed...All throughout this glorious psalm, I am repeatedly told to praise Him, for everything  constantly. This is what I am to tell the generation to come, His praises!

Father.
Teach me more about praise so that my words will always glorify You and share You with those yet to come and those You have placed in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment