Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fiery Furnace

Dan. 3:25
And he answered and said, But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.

What a great account! Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego would not worship the king even at the risk of their own lives. They replied to the accusations hurled at them, If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up. What faith in a sovereign God! They totally believed that God had the power to deliver them, but if He chose not to, then they would not waver in their resolve. They were ready to accept God's will for them even if it meant death.

Secondly, their furnace experience was a great visual of how Jesus is beside me as I go through pain and trial. But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods. Jesus was there in the fiery heat in a living demonstration of Mt. 11:29... Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. When I am yoked to Jesus, He will be with me regardless of the situation just as it was true for these men. In the midst of the hottest fire ever, there was peace because Jesus was there. He brings peace because He is peace.

Finally, this furnace experience became a huge witness to those around. After they came out of the furnace unscathed, Nebuchadnezzar said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent His angel and delivered His servants, who trusted in Him and set aside the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God. Trust and unfailing resolve are a very visible witness to the world. These men did not utter a word, but their lives rang true! Their choices told the story!

Father,
Give me Your grace that my trust and resolve would be strong as I go through fiery trials. Make my choices Yours. Unite my heart to fear Your name that I may walk in Your ways.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment