Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Human Heart

Mk. 4:20
But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirty fold and sixty fold and a hundredfold.

Jesus taught this parable about the seed (the Word of God) that was sown in various places, and each of these places represented the human heart. In some hearts ( the ones along the path) the seed was sown, but Satan came and immediately took it. Other seed was sown on rocky ground, that is the heart that heard the word and received it with joy, but had no root. So they endured for a while but when tribulation or persecution came, they fell away. Other seeds were sown among the thorns. The thorns represented those hearts that hear but allow the cares of the world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things to choke the word so that it proved unfruitful. Finally there are those whose hearts were good soil and when the seed was sown it flourished and produced fruit. What a great visual of the human heart! It makes me stop and consider what value I place on things in my heart. Thankfully, the word flourished in my heart and produced fruit.

Father,
Continue to work in my heart stripping away what shouldn't be there. Reveal to me anything that comes in the way of my fruit bearing.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment