Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Early Prayer

Mk. 1:36
And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He departed and went out to a desolate place, and there He prayed.

Jesus was firmly committed to His time with His Father even though others were looking for Him and even though His schedule was tight, healing and casting out demons. He was definitely in demand! From an earthly point of view, this crush of events would be enough to wear Him out. Yet, still He did not waver on His time with the Father. He did not think that He needed to sleep in or take time for Himself, but instead He rose early while it was still dark and went out to a desolate place, a place of solitude with no interruptions. His resolve for fellowship with the Father outweighed the demands of others and His own physical fatigue. What an example for me! How easy it is to let the spiritual slide when other demands come crushing in! How easy it is to let the weariness of the flesh consume the needs of the spirit!

Father,
Help me always to seek Your grace and strength when I feel myself wavering in my commitment to You. Give me discernment to keep my priorities right.
In Jesus name,
Amen   

No comments:

Post a Comment