Friday, June 1, 2012

Mercy and Compassion

Rom. 9:15
...I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God who has mercy.

All life, including people and events, is for the express purpose of accomplishing the will and purpose of God, even to the point of vessels being formed for either honorable or dishonorable purposes. How hard to understand! On one hand should man answer back to God and say why have you made me this way? Does what is molded answer back to the molder? Has the potter no right over the clay? When I am talking about clay and pots, it sounds fine, but when I am talking about human life, it seems somewhat different. Why is that? Is it because of human pride and accomplishment, that I think I am worth something and should be rewarded as such? Do I think I should have the power over my life and the right to control my life? Perhaps pride is the issue that God is revealing. Even when I remember Pharaoh and the fact that his heart was hardened against God, I wonder why. For this purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth. So then He has mercy on whomever He wills, and He hardens whomever He wills. I have to get beyond thinking in just this earthly realm and look to the sovereign will and purpose of God that extends throughout all time. I must trust Him with His decisions over my life, over all life, the good and the bad. Even if I don't understand why, I must rest in Him and trust His promises. I must only be concerned with His name being proclaimed in all the earth. What a huge separation is caused by the pride of man! How hard it is to vanquish it from my thinking and my actions!

Father,
Help me to see Your sovereign plan and purpose in all the details of life. Teach me to accept whatever You have for me in loving obedience without questioning.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment