Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Who Touched My Garments?

Mk. 5:34
And He said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.

As Jesus was walking in the midst of a crowd, a woman who had been ill for 12 years reached out to touch Jesus. Even though her condition was dire since she had spent all she had on physicians who had not alleviated her disease at all, she had hope in Jesus because of the reports that she had heard. She didn't need his full attention nor did she need time to tell her story, she only wanted a touch. What faith! Immediately after touching Jesus her disease was healed. Could Jesus have noticed that small touch in a crowd so large? Yes, His first question was about the touch. He wanted to identify the person. Timidly, the woman came forward and fell down before Him. Now she had her one-on-one audience. Now she had time to tell her whole story. Jesus' response was not one of displeasure, but one of confirmation. He spoke to her saying, Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease. Jesus recognized and rewarded her great faith with peace, with transformation, and with hope and healing. All of this was only from a touch! Have I sought Jesus for a touch, a touch in the passing moment when the need was great. I wouldn't need a great deal of time or even a quiet place. I would just quickly reach out for a touch. What a lesson to me! All through the day, I need to reach out for a touch, for a healing touch!

Father,
Take my life off auto pilot. Instead of muddling through, bring me to Jesus for the touch that I need. Change my mind and my thinking so that I remember to reach out for a touch. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment