Monday, June 18, 2012

Go Home and Tell Your Friends

Mk. 5:19
And He did not permit him but said to him, 'Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how He has had mercy on you.

A man who was controlled by an unclean spirit met Jesus. His condition was so bad that no one could bind him not even with a chain so he lived among the tombs.  Night and day he was crying out and bringing injury on himself. But when he saw Jesus, he ran and fell down before him. Jesus immediately commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man, but the spirit answered Jesus saying that he was Legion or many. The voice of the spirits begged Jesus not to send them out of the country, but instead send them into a herd of pigs. So Jesus did just that and the pigs rushed down a steep embankment into the sea and were all drowned. The herdsman fled into the city and told the story, and the people came to see the demon-possessed man sitting clothed and in his right mind. They immediately became fearful and begged Jesus to leave their region. As Jesus was getting in his boat, the man asked to go with him, but Jesus said no. Instead he was to tell all his friends what the Lord had done for him. Was he afraid to do that? No, he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him, and every one marveled.

 Certainly, much had been done for this man, but much has been done for me too. In fact, Jesus is asking the same thing of me. I need to tell all my friends what Jesus has done in my life. I need to share about his great mercy in my life. Where was all this sharing and telling to be done? In his home...he didn't need to go far away or embark on a new journey. He was to go to his home where he was known and share the great news of what had happened in his life. I am sure that the people who had known him marveled at what had happened in his life. What an opportunity he had to share!

Father,
Give me Your courage and strength to share what You have done in my life as well. Help me to experience a daily transformation so that all will marvel at what You have done.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment