Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All in All

Eph. 1:22
And He put all things under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him, who fills all in all.
 
 
What a blessing to know that my Savior is the preeminent Christ! Paul's prayer in Eph. 1 prepares the believer's heart to understand this great concept, not only that, but it demonstrates how believers should pray for themselves and for each another.
  • That God may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
  • Having the eyes of your heart enlightened that you may know what is the hope to which He has called you.
  • what are the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints,
  • and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power toward us who believe,
  • according to the working of His great might that He worked in Christ Jesus.
Amazingly, all things in this prayer are a gift from God the Father. Without His gifting of faith and grace I would understand nothing. Instead I know that wisdom and revelation are possible in Christ, that my heart can see an eternal hope and a glorious inheritance, and that I can experience His power and might working in my life. What a glorious gift! It is all because He worked it in Christ Jesus.
  • When He raised Him from the death and seated Him at the right hand of God.
  • When He gave Him a name that is above all names not only in this age but the age to come.
  • And when He put all things under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
 
This is my Savior, my Jesus. How blessed I am! His name is precious to say, to think, to call, and to rely on. He does fill all and by Him all things consist.
 
Father,
Thank You for such a rich passage. Continue to open the eyes of  my heart to learn more and more about the hope, the inheritance, and His great power working in me.
In the name of the Pre-eminent One,
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment