Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fear the Lord

Ps. 112:1
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments.
 
What does it mean to fear the Lord? Fearing in this respect would have to do with acknowledging not only who God is, Creator and Sovereign Lord, but also His many attributes and His workings in the lives of man. He has put all things in place, and by Him they all operate. My life is totally His, first by rite of creation, and secondly by rite of salvation. He has created me and chosen me to be His child. For me to fear Him means that whatever comes into my life, I acknowledge as coming from Him. I can rest in the fact that He has chosen it for me. It means that no longer do I try and take control of my life in opposition to Him, but instead I surrender.
 
Fearing Him also means that I delight in His word. Not only is it my joy and my strength but it also is the depository of all that I know about God. When it comes to the Word, I must also submit and surrender. My life is no longer my own, but it belongs to my Savior. This resting in His plan and in His word takes the fear out of the unknown and out of life. I am not afraid of bad news, my heart is firm, I will not be afraid. Can there really be bad news if I am trusting in Him? Does surrender allow for bad news? What a joy is this life of surrender!
 
Father,
Thank You for teaching me more about fearing You. Help me not to be afraid of bad news. Keep my eyes ever focused on You.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment