Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bear One Another's Burdens

Gal. 6:2
Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.
 
Come alongside and help carry the load! As believers we are not alone, instead we are part of a body, the body of Christ. Whether another believer is in a trial, great adversity, suffering, or even if they are caught in sin, gentleness and restoration should be the goals. When gentleness and love are missing, then pride and judgmental spirit take over. Believers begin to look down on others to elevate themselves. This is not the way of Christ! 
 
Reality check: Believers should be constantly on guard lest they themselves fall into a pit! When our eyes are judging others, they are not focused on our own hearts. Satan gains a foothold that allows him to take us down a slippery path all the while feeling righteous. Sadly, it is self-righteousness! Remember, God is not mocked. If someone sows to his flesh, he will reap what is fleshly. But God looks on the heart, the true man. It is in the heart that man can sow to the Spirit and reap eternal blessings. So let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Our eyes must be focused on the goal, on the prize at the end. I must not get tired but instead get renewed in my mind and spirit.
 
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Paul lived constantly for Jesus. There was no other option for him. I too can only boast in the cross because it is through the cross that the world is crucified to me. It is through the cross that I have a home and a future. I am no longer my own but I belong to Jesus who redeemed by His blood and made me a child of God.
 
Father,
Make my heart one of kindness and gentleness. Give me a spirit of restoration and love as I grow in Your grace.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 



No comments:

Post a Comment