Saturday, May 11, 2013

Faith-Life

Gal. 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
 
Just in case certain Jews, or in my days legalists, try and creep into the church adding rules and regulations to our faith-life, Paul gives a warning. Be aware! As Paul stated, even Barnabas was deceived by these people which gives all the more reason to know the Word and to live the Word! If I add anything to the gospel, any other step or act, I am making the crucifixion of Christ of no purpose. God forbid that I would ever do that!
 
Through the Christ, I have died to sin and live with Him in resurrection life. Yes, I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. There is the power to actually die, that is having Christ within me. I must mentally and spiritually count this as fact without any doubt. My flesh wants to doubt and bring me down, but NO, I am alive in Christ. This new life is by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. My new faith-walk must consume me and be focused completely on Christ who lives in me filling me with all His resurrection power! I must live for Him and grow into Him in every way.
 
 
Father,
I so know this in my head. Grow me into the reality of Christ living in me. Focus my eyes on faith and living for You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment