Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ

Eph. 4:11-13
And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds, and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry , for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
 
Spiritual gifts are for a specific purposes, that being said, those purposes are not to build human pride, make divisions in the body, or to draw attention to the one gifted.  Yet all three of things have happened repeatedly as a result of human pride, a pride that is so strong and devious that it can take something good and turn it completely around. By contrast, the purpose of the gifts was to equip the saints for the work of ministry and for building up the body of Christ. Ministry, and being equipped for it, should be a pertinent focus for every believer as should building up the body of Christ. We are not saved to personally glory in our salvation, sanctification, gifts, etc.. We are saved to bring glory to the Giver of the gifts. I would think being obedient to His word would be of ultra importance!
 
My focus should be to dig into the word and do whatever is necessary for my equipping and then to go forward building up the body. If every member of the body is doing this, then all will be taken care of and no one will need to feather their own nest. When this is a reality, then all believers will be living in the unity of faith, the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Wow! What an end result! My eyes need to focus on growing into the measure of the fullness of Christ. Where is He? Where do I experience His fullness? He is indwelling me! Christ in Me the hope of glory. What a purpose for me!
 
Father,
This sounds so wonderful! Lead me into the path of mature manhood to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Open my eyes to see what it means practically. Grow me so that I may minister wherever you lead me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment