Monday, May 13, 2013

The Promise

Gal. 3:22
But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
 
What a glorious promise is this! Before faith, I was imprisoned by sin, held there until Jesus came and made His promise a reality in my life. Jesus obliterated the old bonds and replaced them with son ship. I am a daughter and live by faith, and since I live by Christ, all the promises given to Abraham are mine as well! I am an heir according to the promise! My life is a fulfillment of the promises of God! They have become my bedrock, my refuge, my life, my substance, my all...What a blessing is His word! What a blessing are His promises! Since all this is true, what should be my attitude, my action toward the Word? I should feast on His word, finding the promises and clinging to them.
 
Father,
Open my eyes to see the power in Your word. Tighten my grip on Your promises.
In Jesus name,
Amem

No comments:

Post a Comment