Saturday, June 1, 2013

Delighting in the Word

Ps. 119:92
If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
 
God's Word is established forever! Unwavering! Unchanging! He is faithful to it because His Word is synonymous with Him, and He is forever faithful! I can cling to such faithfulness and build my life on His Word. What a joy! Verse 92 says that delighting in His faithful Word is the way to endure afflictions. I have found that some afflictions pull me away from the Word while others draw me to it. Why is this? Perhaps in some the flesh becomes so strong in its pain that it blocks the help that the Word offers. That is why my spirit must cling to what is true and be my guide in all of life. His Words must never be forgotten because they are life-giving. I must constantly fill my life with them so when adversity comes, I can be ready to withstand and stay strong. In faithfulness, God has afflicted me. No doubt it is so that I can cling to Him all the more. What a delight are His words!
 
Father,
I do delight in Your words. Help me to build my life on them and withstand adversity by Your power alone.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment