Saturday, June 8, 2013

Because Christ Has Made Me His Own

Phil. 2:12
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own.
 
It all begins with Him! I don't press on to earn His favor or to ensure my entrance to heaven. I press on because He has made me His. He has chosen me to press on , to make my walk and the blessed hope my own. I own it but through Him! I cannot consider myself as having made it no matter how much growth or lack of growth there is. Salvation is not a free Get-Out-of-Hell card! My freedom means that I am free from sin to live for Him, not free from sin to fall back into it and let it control my life. The one thing that Paul did was forget the past, the sin, the bad times, and even the good times so that he could strain forward. He worked as hard as he could but through the grace of God working in Him. His eyes were constantly on the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Where are my eyes focused? Is the prize part of my everyday vision? Having this mindset means growth and maturity. It means growing until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Wow! This is what I desire! ...to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Father,
These verses are my desire. Teach me and mold me so that I might grow into mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Unite my heart with Yours so that my vision is focused on You alone.
In His name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment