Saturday, June 22, 2013

His Reputation

Col. 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.
 
What a reputation! I wonder how do we describe fellow believers today? Do we even get into their spiritual condition? Does it even enter our minds? Normally, we use their appearance or stature, sometimes even their occupation. Would I be describe as a godly woman? That is my hope and constant desire.
 
Epaphras was a servant of Jesus first and foremost. His life had been transformed, and he was ready and willing to be used as God willed. Even though he was away from his home, his home was never far from him. Struggling on their behalf in his prayers, his heart was heavily burdened for their spiritual growth. His concern was not superficial, but he wanted them to stand mature and fully assured in the will of God with no confusion that would impeded their spiritual growth. What an example for me! Is my heart heavily burdened for those around me? Am I praying faithfully?
 
Father,
Teach my heart how to be Your servant and Your godly woman. My heart is Yours. Mold it into whatever shape You desire.
In Him,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment