Friday, June 14, 2013

Rooted and Grounded

Col. 2:6-7
Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
 
Paul warned the Colossians about being taken captive by philosophy, empty deceit, human traditions according to the elemental spirits of the world. All of these are not of Christ! Instead of continuing their involvement in these things that only pull believers down, they should concentrate on Christ. For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority. Once Christ dwells in the life, the things of the world are foolish, negative drains. It's all about time. Would I rather waste time on things that are temporal and earthly or on the things that are eternal, the indwelling Christ? Verses 6-7 are calling for a commitment of time and heart to the eternal things. My eyes must be focused on Jesus Christ. If I turn away to consider the things of the earth and allow these things to pull me down, then I lose out on the great blessing that I have in Christ. As I have received Christ Jesus, I must walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith. This walk takes time! Nothing grows roots in a short period of time or in casual commitment.  Nothing is established by happenchance. I must walk in Him rooted deeper and deeper, totally grounded and established in the faith, and abounding in thanksgiving.
 
Father,
Continue to grow me in the faith. Keep me rooted and built up in the faith with a thankful heart.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment