Thursday, June 6, 2013

Genuine Concern

Phil. 2:20
For I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. For they all seek their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus.
 
As I am reading and studying I Cor. 13, I and considering how this love would look in the body of Christ. Timothy provides a great example of this love, a love that was genuinely concerned for the welfare of the body of Christ. This was his reputation. As opposed to the many who seek after their own interests, he sought the interests of Christ. Earlier in 2:3-4 Paul stressed this citing Christ as our example. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Not only this but Paul reminds the Philippian believers of Timothy's proven worth, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel. Quite the recommendation! He had an unwavering servant's heart that resulted in faithfulness and genuine love and service. What great phrases to use to examine my own heart!
 
Father,
Examine my heart and teach me to love genuinely. Give me a heart for the body.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment