Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Atone for You

Ezek. 16:62-62

"I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD, that you may remember and be confounded, and never open your mouth again because of your shame, when I atone for you for all that you have done, declares the Lord GOD."

 
At the end of the chapter where the horrendous images of the whoring and prostitution of Jerusalem and the terrible judgment of God on her for these acts, is this profound promise of atonement. Of necessity, God's heart must deal with the sin in punishment and judgment, but at the same time, His heart wants to meet the spiritual need of Jerusalem as well. He states that His judgments were for the express purpose of showing His Lordship, but once that is accomplished, they need never speak of their shame again. It is gone! God has atoned for it! What a glorious thing for Jerusalem and for me! I was horrendously sunk in sin as well, and for that matter, still struggle with it in so many areas. But God in His grace has atoned for my sin through the blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. It was there that the power of the gospel intersected the weakness of my life creating my new life in Christ, a life that no longer has to live with shame. All because of Jesus and His atoning gift of life!
 
Father,
Thank You for atoning for my sin and taking away my shame. Help me to live in the power of the gospel with every breath that you grant me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment