Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Such Peace

Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

In the day of peace, God would restore Israel. He would raise a righteous branch who would bring justice and righteousness; In fact, His name is The Lord our Righteousness. God had promised that the throne of David would never be empty, and the priests would be their to offer sacrifices. But because of the hardness of their hearts and their horrendous idolatry, God brought judgment upon them.

His words now said simply, "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them.  I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul. "
What a blessing of peace! Israel's part was to call. God did the rest. He gave them the heart and the covenant. He would put within them a fear of Him. What a great example of grace! God does it all!
He has done the same for me. All that I must do is call on Him. My life in God is all of grace and all because of His Son, Jesus the Lord our Righteousness. It is amazing to me that the judgment of God is so harsh, and yet, immediately after is this great grace! What a God I have is so infinitely above all that I can truly understand! I just trust Him and continue to call on Him.

Father,
Thank You for bringing peace into my life, for making me Your child, and for planting within my heart a fear of You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment