Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yet, still I will rejoice.

Hab. 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places."

Yet, still I will rejoice! What great words of faith and encouragement! No blossoms on the fig tree or fruit on the vine is intense economic difficulty, but no food from the fields sounds like famine. Survival without crops or food is impossible! Add onto that that there is no herd in the stalls. The flocks and cattle are gone. There is no other recourse for the necessities of life. Instead, life is devastating, but for the believer, rejoicing is possible. Like Habakkuk, I can rejoice in the Lord in the face of overwhelming circumstances. I can take joy in God, my salvation, and my strength. When my path is littered with horrendous obstacles, He makes my feet like the deer's. He takes me up in the high places. What a great God is this! I need to keep my eyes on God and not on my circumstances, to remind myself what is true about God, and to live in His power and grace. He gives me all that I need!

Father,
You are a God worthy of all my rejoicing. Thank You for such glorious promises!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment