Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mad for Idols


Jer. 50: 38
"A drought against her waters, that they may be dried up! For it is a land of images, and they are mad over idols."

Great judgment would be the order of the day! There would be swords against diviners to expose their foolishness, against warriors to destroy them, against horses, chariots and foreign troops to make them women, against treasure to plunder it, and a drought against water to dry it up, just to name a few. Terrible times! There would be no escaping. And why? Why was this all coming to pass? Because they were MAD FOR IDOLS! So much is said in that short sentence. It makes me question my heart. Am I mad for idols? Am I led astray easily without being aware? 
 
Father,
Keep me ever free of madness for idols. I want to worship only You. Convict me. Guide me. Lead me in Your path.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment