Monday, August 15, 2011

The New Covenant

Jer. 31:33
"But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

How God longed for Israel! "I loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." Yet Israel's sin was incurable. They had to endure a time of judgment, but soon God would gather them. "He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock." His future promise included great healing. "For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul, I will replenish." God declared openly that the days would come when He would make a new covenant with Israel. "I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people." The Old Covenant of external rules and laws would be replaced with an internal one, one that focused on the heart and not the actions, one that would be written permanently on their hearts.

Amazingly and all of grace, this same new covenant is mine. God has changed my heart and transformed my life. He has written the name of His Son in the very core of my being. He satisfies and replenishes me constantly by the power of the Word applied by the indwelling Holy Spirit. He is my God and I am His!

Father,
Thank You for reaching out to me when I was black and heinous. Thank You for covering me with Your grace and the blood of Your Son. I know that in me is no good thing, but in You is every good thing.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment